OYO Hotels, India’s largest and the world’s fastest growing chain of hotels, homes and quality living spaces released the OYO Annual Travelopedia 2018 today. The one-of-its-kind index revealed that the national capital was the most popular for visitors all year round, however, most Delhiites recorded the maximum number of travel cancellations followed by re-bookings which made it the most confused city of 2018. The analysis also recorded that an OYO was booked every 0.75 seconds in 2018.
The study revealed interesting facts like 22nd December 2018 was the most OYO’d day – where the hotel chain received maximum number of bookings of 1,38,000. Karnataka emerged as the most welcoming state in India basis the number of travellers and bookings received throughout the year. The data also revealed that OYO recorded a 2.9X year-on-year jump in the number of bookings with an OYO being booked in every 0.75 seconds. Interestingly, Goa was the most-searched destination for OYO.
This year’s OYO King emerged from Pune who stayed in over 239 OYO hotels and OYO Queen from Ahmedabad who stayed in 125 OYO hotels across the year. Some fascinating facts that also emerged were that a single user stayed at an OYO property for 228 maximum continuous nights while another user travelled to 4 different countries and stayed in OYO properties throughout. The most popular time to book an OYO property in 2018 was 8:00pm.
Commenting on the findings, Abhinav Sinha, Chief Operating Officer (COO), OYO Hotels said: “We are really delighted to release OYO’s Annual Travelopedia which showcases some really unique booking and travel trends of 2018. One of the most interesting findings was that the maximum number of tourists visiting India were from the UAE. This reiterates the fact that we have been a great host to our valuable guests not just within the country but also internationally, this motivates us to constantly work towards our mission of providing great quality living spaces for our customers at affordable rates.”
The most preferred OYO locations in Mumbai and Delhi were around the airport whereas Koramangala in Bengaluru and Salt Lake in Kolkata topped the charts.
Additionally, the data also revealed that the top 5 OYO properties of the year 2018 were:
- OYO Hotels namely Palette resorts – Le Pondy
- OYO Townhouse 021 Bombay Exhibition Centre
- OYO 9771 Hotel Glitz Westend Inn
- Capital O 10212 Hotel West Willows Xanadu
- OYO Townhouse 028 Corporate Suite
Showcasing how digitization and internet is turning out to be a boon for mobile users as well as for businesses, the data revealed that of the total online bookings made, around 92% of the hotel bookings were done through the mobile phone in the 2018. OYO further saw different types of travel enthusiasts, including:
- The Lone Star Weekender – Solo travellers checking on a weekend
- The Weekday Winner – Solo travellers checking in on weekdays
- The Big Weekenders – Group travellers exploring a destination with their friends and family
- The Mid-week Trippers – Group travellers, planning their vacations well in advance and taking weekday trips
- The One Who Got Away – OYO is eagerly waiting to host these explorers in 2019. Whichever destination they decide at any time of the year – there’s always an OYO around!